Head of Dog Videos
$88,000+p/a pro-rata, 4-day week, Melbourne-based.
Remote with in-house studio for shoot days.
Love dogs, hate micro-managers and have the funniest Instagram stories in your friendship group?
You could be the person we’re looking for. We’re on the lookout for our first Content Creator to help us in growing Australia’s most trusted dog food brand – Scratch.
Scratch is a fast-growing brand that makes dog food you can feel good about. Instead of going through stores where there’s tons of mark-ups and long waits in storage, we sell direct on subscription. This lets us know the dog & parent better, put more money into the food, and set an example for how much healthier & trustworthy pet food can be.
This approach has helped us win both Frankie Mag’s Small Business of the Year and the Online Retail Industries Best Small Independent Business. More importantly, it has meant we’ve also won over thousands of pet parents who trust us with their dog’s nutrition.
Our brand is crafted for a world where dogs have their own Insta accounts and no longer sleep in the yard. We want to capture that passion and create products for those who truly care.
In this new role, you’ll be working with our Head of Creative to bring our brand to life and spread the awesomeness of dogs.
Our way of work suits recovering high achievers and talented creatives who have always found layers of approval and ego getting in the way of doing their best work. While this role is largely executional, this is not an entry-level role and you’ll be given a lot of room to do what you do best, with support and collaboration when you need it.
The ideal candidate will be stronger at audio-visual content than written content, and excel at spotting opportunities to turn dogs and dog health into entertaining and informative content, whatever the form.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time as we’ll work with you on creating an in-house studio. Having said that, we’re a remote company so you can manage your workday and place to how you work best. As long as you’re a strong communicator and get the job done, you’ll do well here.
And did we mention, you must love dogs 😉
You’ll be responsible for:
- Bringing the fun out of dogs and Scratch
- Pitching content ideas and bringing them to life
- Working with talented experts and dog lovers to share their stories and advice
- Producing and editing brand new video content series plus paid social ad creative
- Producing and posting on our social media channels – both scrappy in-app videos (reels, IG stories, IGTV) and more polished videos as needed (don’t worry – this isn’t a glorified community manager role. Ask us if you’re concerned)
- Capturing photos/footage from Scratch events and editing it into social packages
- Own the UGC asset library (saving, filtering UGC and creating Dogs Of Scratch weekly)
- Brainstorming / ideating video concepts in response to ongoing content calendar activities (product launches, website updates, content campaigns, collabs and partnerships)
The ideal person:
- Strong Adobe editing suite experience and portfolio
- 3+ years of agency or brand experience
- A digital native who loves dogs, social media and making videos
- A whizz at social-first video – there’s no need to tell you the dimensions for an IG story. Reels, Tik Tok, FB ads, YT vids, IG live, and more – you can jump in and help create channel-specific content using best practice.
- Observant and quick to jump on an opportunity
- Experienced enough to know when something needs polish or can be done more simply
- A little silly and fun
- Able to take an idea, run with it and bring something to life creatively
- A team player, easy collaborator, open communicator and genuinely nice person
- Able to leave their ego at home and enjoy shaping the future of Scratch’s content
- Curious about what our audience is responding to and relaxed enough about your ideas to adapt them to feedback & data
Working at Scratch
- 4 days per week
- Melbourne-based. This role is remote but we’ll be opening a Scratch HQ with an in-house studio to utilise in some of your work when you need it so we’ll need you to be local.
- $88,000 pro-rata (inc. super)
- Free Scratch for your dogs (and many treats)
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) included
- 5 paid annual days to volunteer at animal shelters/rescues
- 3 paid pawternity days if you bring home a puppy or rescue
- Time off if you have a sick pet (not just dogs)
Applying for the role
Applications have now closed.