$58,000+p/a pro-rata inc. super. 4-day week, work remotely.
Are you a dog lover with a soft spot for helping their humans? You’re just the kind of person we’re looking for.
As the latest human to join our team, you’ll help us to take a great customer experience and make it Australia’s best. You’ll solve problems for subscribers, work with the team as you identify common feedback and help to make the whole experience of finding, questioning and purchasing our products easier. And you’ll be doing so with a small team of 7 that put dogs and the planet at the top of their priority list.
Scratch is a small team aiming to become Australia’s most trusted dog food brand. Instead of going through stores where there’s tons of mark-ups and long waits in storage, we sell direct on subscription. This lets us know the dog & parent better, put more money into the food, and set an example for how much healthier & trustworthy pet food can be.
This approach has helped us win over tens of thousands of pet parents who trust us with their dog’s nutrition.
Our brand is crafted for a world where dogs have their own Insta accounts and no longer sleep in the yard. We want to capture that passion and create products for those who truly care.
The role is ideal for a thoughtful and positive personality that is looking to do work that matters in a company with lots of opportunity. Rather than churn through tickets, we want you to take pride in the way a customer feels about their Scratch experience.
The kind of things you might be working on:
- Speaking to potential and existing customers on live chat and email about their dogs and our products
- Adjusting customer accounts and gently teaching them how to use our website
- Talking with customers about how Scratch is going for them and their dogs
- Observing and noting feedback
- Working with the team to make the website easier to use so they don’t need to speak to you in the first place
- Packing and sending samples
- Responding to cute dog photos on Instagram
You won’t be doing it all alone of course, but you’ll be integral in building the Scratch brand and developing our customer experience.
You’ll report to and work with Mike Halligan, our co-founder who’s responsible for our marketing and customer experience. Actually, we’re only small right now, so you’ll be working closely with everyone!
As the role and our company grows, you’ll also be instrumental in scaling our customer experience. This role is opening up due to a promotion, so there’s definitely room to grow within Scratch.
The right person will be:
- A lot like a good dog (friendly, energetic, fun, smart & loyal).
- An excellent written and verbal communicator (English, with a little emoji).
- Exceptionally helpful, but happy to stand up for themselves and what is fair.
- Self-motivated, thriving with space and responsibility for results.
- Calm and not flustered by customer problems or misunderstandings.
- Full of empathy for the customers point of view and situation.
- Efficient and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable speaking casually on social media and more formally on email.
- Happy to talk to customers on the phone too.
- A dog person (of course).
Working at Scratch
This is a 4 day role (the same as the rest of the business – founders not included sorry Mike & Doug!). Salary is $58,000 per annum (pro-rata), This isn’t an urgent role where you will come in and be under the pump straight away. We grow the business sustainably, so you’ll get started with thoughtful training and a mindful onboarding during June.
We treat our humans as well as our dogs – considering the planet, our people, our customers and their pets in everything that we do. Other perks include:
- 5 paid annual days to volunteer at animal shelters/rescues
- Free Scratch food for your dogs
- 3 paid Pawternity days if you bring home a puppy or rescue
- Time off if you have a sick pet (not just dog)
- Flexibility in work location
- Co-working and home-office budget
- ESOP company share options
We work primarily remotely so we can avoid peak hour, walk the dog when our brains need fresh air (or they do), look after the kids when they’re sick and be judged on the work we produce – not how long we’re in the office. It doesn’t work for everyone, but hopefully it does for you.
While Scratch is fully-remote and many of us are spread out, we are looking for someone within Melbourne for this role as your customer experience colleagues are based rurally and we’d love another set of hands for Melbourne-based events. We do come together every few months and with a little notice, you can base yourself from pretty much anywhere when you want to mix it up, as long as great work gets done.
Applying for the role
- Applications will close at 9pm AEST on May 18
- 1st and second round interviews (both via zoom) in the week of May 24 – 28
- We aim to make an offer that week, with an ideal start date in early or mid-June.
Applications have now closed.