$52,000+p/a pro-rata inc. super. 3-day week initially, work remotely.
Are you a dog lover with a soft spot for helping their humans? You’re just the kind of person we’re looking for.
As the latest human to join our team, you’ll help us to take a good customer experience and make it Australia’s best. You’ll solve problems for subscribers, work with the team as you identify common feedback and help to make the whole experience of finding, questioning and purchasing our products easier. And, you can do it from wherever you like (even once the world gets in a better place).
Scratch is a fast-growing brand that makes dog food you can feel good about. Instead of going through stores where there’s tons of mark-ups and long waits in storage, we sell direct on subscription. This lets us know the dog & parent better, put more money into the food, and set an example for how much healthier & trustworthy pet food can be.
This approach has helped us win over thousands of pet parents who trust us with their dog’s nutrition.
Our brand is crafted for a world where dogs have their own Insta accounts and no longer sleep in the yard. We want to capture that passion and create products for those who truly care.
The role is ideal for a thoughtful and positive personality that is looking to do work that matters in a company with lots of opportunity. Rather than churn through tickets, we want you to take pride in the way a customer feels about their Scratch experience.
The kind of things you might be working on:
- Speaking to potential and existing customers on live chat and email about their dogs and our products
- Adjusting customer accounts and gently teaching them how to use our website
- Talking with customers about how Scratch is going for them and their dogs
- Observing and noting feedback
- Working with the team to make the website easier to use so they don’t need to speak to you in the first place
- Packing and sending samples
You won’t be doing it all alone of course, but you’ll be integral in building the Scratch brand and developing our customer experience.
You’ll report to and work with Doug Spiegelhauer, our co-founder who’s responsible for our product and operations. Actually, we’re only small right now, so you’ll be working closely with everyone!
As the role and our company grows, you’ll also be instrumental in scaling our customer experience.
The right person will be:
- A lot like a good dog (friendly, energetic, fun, smart & loyal).
- An excellent written and verbal communicator (English, with a little emoji).
- Exceptionally helpful, but happy to stand up for themselves and what is fair.
- Self-motivated, thriving with space and responsibility for results.
- Calm and not flustered by customer problems or misunderstandings.
- Full of empathy for the customers point of view and situation.
- Efficient on a computer.
- Clear on their beliefs and willing to fight for them.
- Committed to helping use business as a force for good in the world.
- A dog person (of course).
- Happy to talk to customers on the phone too.
Working at Scratch
This is a 3 day per week role, becoming 4 days in February 2020. Salary is $52,000 per annum (pro-rata), dependant on experience, but the same no matter where you live. Why 3 days? This isn’t an urgent role where you will come in and be under the pump straight away. 3 days allows us to grow the business sustainably, and for you to get started with thoughtful training and a mindful onboarding. Why 4 days in February? 3-day weekends are underrated, so you’ll be overlapping with Stu, our existing customer service human.
We treat our humans as well as our dogs – considering the planet, our people, our customers and their pets in everything that we do. Other perks include:
- 5 paid annual days to volunteer at animal shelters/rescues
- Free Scratch food for your dogs
- 3 paid Pawternity days if you bring home a puppy or rescue
- Time off if you have a sick pet (not just dog)
- Flexibility in work location
We work primarily remotely so we can avoid peak hour, walk the dog when our brains need fresh air (or they do), look after the kids when they’re sick and be judged on the work we produce – not how long we’re in the office. It doesn’t work for everyone, but hopefully it does for you.
It might be easier if you’re Victoria based as most of our team are spread around Victoria and we do like to come together every few months. However, you can base yourself from pretty much anywhere when you want to mix it up, as long as great work gets done.
Applying for the role
- Applications will close at 9pm AEST on July 28
- 1st interview (via zoom) in the week of August 3 – 7
- A second and final zoom interview during August 12 -14
- We aim to make an offer that week, with an ideal start date in late August.
Applications for this role have closed. Sorry!